After my 11 Day Detox with Leila Glover
Did you know your body is carrying roughly 2-6 kg of toxicity (aka inflammation) at any given time? This can lead to headaches, weight gain, bloating, low energy and so much more. And did you know that detoxing at least 4 times a year supports a healthy body for a lifetime? How many more reasons do you need for a detox? Last Friday I completed my 11 Day Detox in Marbella with a personal health coach Leila Glover and I must say I haven’t felt better! I feel energised and light, I have lost couple of kilos, plus I don’t really crave any of the ‘bad foods’, which is a nice surprise.
Hardest part of the detox:
- The shopping:
I struggled to find some foods in Marbella, but in the end I managed to get them all. Don’t be shy to ask Leila or me where to buy some of the ingredients and supplements that you need for this detox.
- The detox symptoms:
I had a slight headache, but to be honest it wasn’t that bad! And it only lasted one evening. The rest of the days I got up before my alarm, I felt like I had double the energy!
- Eating out:
Dining out during the weekend was a bit tempting. I did fancy a glass of wine with my meal, but at the end of the dinner I felt even better about not having any alcohol. Plus I had no headache or hangover - i felt like my weekend was longer than normal! And to be honest when people ask ‘how can you not drink for 11 days’ I start wondering.. is it so weird not to drink at all and is it impossible? Of course it’s not and you can show them how you do it :)
Best part of the detox:
- Feeling super energised
- You can workout and you should
- Feeling satisfied but never bloated after eating
- Looking good and fresh, people will compliment you!
- Not having to think what to cook, just look at your recipes
- Taking time for yourself, relaxing
- Sleeping much better, nicer dreams
- Finding out which foods don’t suit you
- Detoxing methods such as salt baths and oil pulling
- Doing it with my boyfriend - together its much easier!
- The best best part of this detox is that I can see it become my lifestyle!