Updated: Feb 10, 2021
After I made my own homemade Baby Balm, I got carried away and thought why not give it a go and try my own version of an aftershave balm for my fiance. So I did, I used a recipe I found on the internet from Wildfornature.com and improvised a little bit by using Jojoba Oil for example as I didn’t have Almond Oil etc and it turned out lovely. I skipped the part that says you can whip it, so it’s more of a salve than a cream, but my partner loves it and I use it as well sometimes. Depending on whether you’re doing it for you or for your partner, you can change the essential oils, for example Cedarwood is for me has a very masculine scent. Anyway hope you enjoy it! Comment below if you have done your own version of it as well!
Soothing DIY Aftershave Balm for Men
4 TBSP shea butter
2 TBSP sweet almond oil (or Jojoba Oil)
1 TBSP apricot kernel oil
1 TBSP Argan oil
4 TBSP Aloe vera gel
5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
5-7 drops orange essential oil
5-7 drops cedarwood essential oil
5-7 drops lavender essential oil
a few drops vitamin E oil
- Melt shea butter on low temperature
- Once melted, add carrier oils (almond, argan, and apricot) and aloe vera gel
- Add essential oils and vitamin E & stir
- Leave in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes
- Once the upper layer has hardened a bit, take it from the fridge
- Whip the lotion for a few minutes, until runny and fluffy
- Set aside for 10 minutes and repeat the whipping again
- Apply after shaving and prepare for lovely smooth skin!
Notes: Make sure the aloe vera gel you are using is already preserved, and because of the water-based ingredient, your balm won't have mold and bacteria growing on it. You can’t use fresh aloe vera plant gel or aloe vera juice instead of the gel in the recipe.